Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

I just love the start of a new year. It's like flipping the page and starting a new chapter. Here's to making better decisions, or saying bye-bye to our nasty little habits. Every year it's the same, I have a list and if I accomplish 3 or 4 by the following New Year, I'm doing good! Chris has his own list and we also have a combined list. I think it's important to share, I want as many people that I know to hold me accountable!

So here are a few of mine...

1. Diet & Exercise (I think this one is in the top 5 for a lot of people)
2. Patience
3. Spending more time together as a family
3. Cut back on random spending (I don't know why, but I impulse shop out of boredom)
4. Pay off bills

Getting older just gets more and more complicated...

It seems like the years are getting shorter and shorter. Maybe that's because William is doing so much and our lives are getting busier. Chris and I try so hard not to under estimate William. He's one smart cookie!! We spent this New Year's at Aunt Deidra and Uncle Brian's house and pretty much stayed all week! It was a fun and relaxing time! 2009 is already jam packed with fun little stressful changes, we needed some R&R before it all began.

Chris got a new job that begins on Monday...YAY!!! He's doing outside sales for a company in Austin. He loves to sale and was itching to get back to work so I'm very happy for him! He's also attending Texas State at the Round Rock campus at night so he'll have a lot on his plate for a few months. But it's nothing he can't handle.

As for me, I will be staying at home with William!!!! YAY!!! I have been itching to be a "Stay at Home Mom" since William was 2 months old and now it's finally happening!!! For the first time since I was 16 I will not be earning a paycheck....yikes! I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous...but ready at the same time.

And finally we are moving in about 45 days. That's our biggest stress right now. We haven't found a place to live just yet. Chris and I are flip-flopping and really struggling to make the right decision. We've always done things just on the fly in the past, and it's always came back to bite us in the butt later down the road. We are thinking of either renting a house, or staying in our complex but a different apartment. The goal is to save money and get a house of our own in 6-9 months...I just see us saving more money in an apartment, but would love the freedom of a house. Decisions, decisions....

2009 will be awesome, Happy New Year everyone!!!

1 comment:

Staci said...

Congrats on the job and your new job as a stay at home mom. You will love it! Seriously though I would rent and save as much as possible. It's getting really hard to get a mortgage these days without that 20% down.