Thursday, January 29, 2009

Potty Training...SOS

Ok, I'm taking suggestions, ideas, recommendations...anything. I'm desperate. I just don't get it and sometimes I feel myself counting to 10 because I feel like I'm about to lose my cool. William does EXCELLENT all day at school, he wears big boy underwear and according to his sheet he's "Potty Trained". At home this is a different story. Perfect example; tonight when he came home from school he was still in the same outfit he was when I dropped him off. So he did great, no accidents and he was perfect, even during nap time. Not even 10 minutes we are home and he wets himself after I told him to go potty. I got everything ready and he refused and decided to go in his pants as I was walking to the potty with him. I know he's doing this for attention, is it bad to discipline for accidents when I know it's on purpose?

I know it will come in time, but he's there, he has it down...he just won't go at home and it drives me nuts. We have a potty chart that he gets stickers on, he has a potty basket we have goodies in. I've tried cheerios and apple jacks (the aim game)...and still nothing. I'm all out of ideas....HELP!!


Check out this form of bribery...



Spoiled...I know!

3 comments:

Staci said...

You are doing great and no don't disapline for accidents.... even if it's on purpose.
I would get with the teacher and see what they are doing or maybe monitor for a little bit to see how he is with the teachers. Do they have a window or something you can sneak a peek on him?
He will get there don't worry! Kids are always different when their parents aren't around.

Deanna said...

Well the only solution is install a special baby potty just like at school. Talk about high maintenance. I've asked the teachers and unfortunately they don't do a thing, it's all him all day long.

Donlee and Amanda said...

You poor thing....it sounds like you are doing everything you can. Keep counting to 10...he'll get through it.