Thursday, January 29, 2009

Moving day has come and gone....

Well moving day has come and gone with a few hick-ups. This will go down as the worst move in HISTORY!! First of all I wanted to save some money so I went with some new movers; Amazing Moving....not so Amazing!!!

Lets see, they broke our 55" TV by dropping it down the stairs in our old apartment, but this is the funny part, we didn't see or hear this, we were either dropping off a load at our new place (2 buildings over in the same complex) or getting lunch. Our neighbor heard a ton of noise and looked out his door to find one guy on the ground and the other guy asking if he was ok. That's not the funny part, the funny part is , after all that hard work of dropping our TV possibly knowing that it may not work, they busted their butt and moved it up the stairs (dented every wall along the way) to our new place...stupid. They should have fessed up and we could have handled the situation then and there.

Then the next little problem, they tore a portion of our new leather sectional. Not just a scratch, this was a huge tear, visible and everything. That's when I lost it, I almost started crying. It's probably the only expensive piece of furniture I own and they screw it up. What's worst of all, this all could have been avoided if they would have snapped on their brains that morning and actually used the moving blankets their truck was LOADED WITH!!!

Needless to say, they move went horribly, and they had to return the next day to move a few more things. I guess it's kind of hard to finish in one day when you are standing in front of a fan all day wondering why you decided to get into the moving business....hmmmmm

So here we are knee deep in boxes with 2 damaged/broken items and I still have not heard back from the owner who is "out of town". Lucky for them I am home now and I have nothing but time....I'm even considering stalking them and finding out where their location is until action is taken and I'm reimbursed for the damaged pieces.

So if you live in Austin and plan on moving, DO NOT USE AMAZING MOVING, they are horrible, lazy, sloppy and just don't care about quality, your possessions, or anything else for that matter!!

I plan on printing flyers and posting them right next to their add at our apartment complex...it isn't defamation if it's true right?

No comments: