Monday, January 19, 2009

Design on a Dime...Addison style

Since I'm home I find myself watching a few of my favorite shows during William's nap times, one of them is Design on a Dime on HGTV and the other is A Baby Story. Since another baby is not happening anytime soon...Chris and I started a little home project. We've inherited my parents old old furniture a few years ago. It's older than I am and it needed some major updating. I love the black antique look so we decided to paint our night stands and armoire black and hope that it comes out antique looking or at least descent. We are half way done; the nightstands are finished we are just waiting for them to dry so we can put the new hardware on and tomorrow we are going to tackle the armoire. This update cost about $40.00 bucks. Not bad if you ask me. I'm so anxious to see how the paint will dry and what the finished product will look like. We are also going to attempt our first mosaic. I've had this table for about 2 years and Chris started to spray paint it and for some reason he never finished it. Well that day has finally come!! We bought some tiles and we might tackle that table tomorrow too. It was a free table and the tiles cost about $10.00 bucks. I'm just so excited with my thrifty savings!! Stay tuned to see what happens next!!!


BEFORE....






I will say this, they make everything look so easy on TV .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Take pictures of the mosiac table when you're done! I can't wait to see what you did!