Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mr Independent

I just had to blog about this because I just can't believe how fast William is growing up. There are so many things he's insisting he does on his own. He is now making or attempting to make his own sandwiches. The other day he wanted a sandwich for lunch and I was going to make it for him. He insisted he do it on his own so I pretended to do the dishes so I could supervise. He took out the bread, ham, mustard and took his step stool to climb on the cabinet to get a plate and cup. Then he started to put the mustard on (he made a smiley face) and then neatly put his ham on. I told him I didn't want him to touch the knives so I cut it for him. But he did it all by himself and he cleaned up too!! Then it was on to the drink. He took his step stool, got the milk out of the fridge, moved his step stool to the island and poured himself a glass of milk. I just couldn't believe my child is now fixing himself food. Tonight he wanted to make the macaroni and cheese by himself and I told him he was moving way too fast, I'm not ready for him to use the microwave, that has disaster written all over it.

Another disbelief is his morning routine. He gets himself dressed, brushes his teeth all by himself and then wakes me up. I have my alarm set but some days there is no need. He's already ready to go. He even fixes himself breakfast too. He wants to pour his own cereal and milk. Seriously this is CRAZY when did my baby boy grow up? I guess I can't call him baby boy anymore...tear.

No comments: