Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Lets Go Fly a Kite

Sunday was the annual Kite Festival in Zilker Park. Can you believe, Chris and I have not been to Zilker since we've been in Austin? I have no idea why, but we just never made our way there. Sunday was another beautiful day and kites were everywhere. The wind was blowing off and on and when it was blowing the sky was full of kites. I don't know what happened, but we were unable to get our kite in the air. I bought this kite from Costco and Chris was afraid it would take forever to put together. Actually it was the easiest kite to assemble...and disassemble. But it would not fly!! Chris said I was doing something wrong....I plead the 5th. Aside from walking around with a kite that would not fly, we enjoyed the day. William loved seeing all the other kites and he got his face painted and we ate snow cones on the way home! It was the perfect family Sunday fun-day!



My little tree-hugger!




I just thought this was so funny.


There where kites everywhere!


This looks safe...



He was so patient.



ROAR!!





My sleepy lion!
(Got to love that drool)

1 comment:

Staci said...

I thought about you when I was reading this blog: http://babysilverman.blogspot.com/2009/03/kite-delight.html
I love how he got his face painted, so cute!