Thursday, March 5, 2009

Cool Story

I usually don't blog about random stories, it's mainly about William; but I just thought this was so cool.

On Saturday Chris and I along with William were on our way to my parents for the day and stopped off at Chickfila for lunch. We noticed two men with a flat tire when we drove in and they seemed to be having trouble when we pulled out so Chris stopped to help. It turns out that they were missing part of their jack. Chris tried to use his jack but they needed the part to loosen the lug nuts. For the record, I have never changed a tire in my life so I have no idea where to begin. But Chris is like that dad from A Christmas Story, he loves to see how fast he can do it. It's pretty much the only thing he loves to do real fast! Well anyway, we ended up driving this man and his friend to his house in Lakeway so they can pick up another car and do what they needed to do to get the tire fixed. Apparently he forgot his jack in our car and today his wife met me to pick it up. The reason he left his jack in the car is because he had a brain aneurysm 2 years ago and has absolutely no short term memory. My heart was breaking when she told me this story and then she gave me an envelope for helping. I didn't want to except it, I told her we were Christians and loved doing what we can to help. She insisted and inside was a gift card to a Hawaiian cuisine restaurant....and here is the weird part. I just got done telling Chris how I'd love to go back to Hawaii. I know it's not the same but maybe this is God's way of bringing Hawaii to me!!!

2 comments:

The Normans said...

That is pretty cool!!! Gave me goose bumps! Miss you guys!

Freckles Fotography said...

aww.. I loved this story.. good for you guys!! It feels good to help others..I know you will get back to Hawaii soon girl..