Thursday, July 9, 2009

First time at the Beach

A few weeks ago William, myself and William's Nana drove to Galveston for a day trip. It was William's first time to go to the beach...how exciting!! It was the most perfect day and the weather was awesome. It's been a while since I've been to the beach so I couldn't wait. William had a BLAST!! We played in the waves and tried to build sand castles. I haven't built a castle since I was a child. It was just perfect to share that day with William, I can't wait to do it again soon!




(click on the picture to enlarge)


We also wanted to take a trip to Crystal Beach to check out the rebuild after Hurricane Ike. Let me say, it was so heartbreaking. Where houses use to stand, there was nothing but sand, dead trees, and piles of debris. The island is slowly recovering, it was nice to see Galveston bounce back.

No comments: