Thursday, July 9, 2009

Catching up....yet again

It has been a while since my last post, so I have a ton of catching up to do. So much has been going on. In addition to settling in our new home, William and I are getting reacquainted with Houston. We have been spending tons of time at the pool and the Mannion's lake house. I think it's safe to say, I don't want our Summer fun to come to an end!

With William's 4th birthday creeping up on us, he's been growing up before our very eyes into a fun, energetic and outgoing little boy!! As a Mom, I am so proud of my little angel. It breaks my heart I can't call him a baby anymore...where does the time go?

Lately we have been experiencing some entertaining behavior with William. For instance, William is into giving Chris and I scripts. If he says something, he asks us to say exactly what he wants...what's funny is, most of what he wants us to say comes from movies he's watched. Can you imagine reciting Thomas the Train, or Elmo's Potty Time? His favorite is reciting Toy Story 2. Cracks us up! Lately he's been saying "Lets Roll Out..." now we are all transformers...he's so imaginative.

In addition to memorizing movie lines, he's into soundtracks. It's crazy that his mind is such a sponge, but William's got an enormous collection of movies, and the moment he hears a song, he will tell you what movie it's from. It all started with the "Life is a Highway" song from Cars, so Chris and I did a little movie trivia to see how well William's ear for music was...I must say, we are quite impressed.

1. Life is a Highway - Cars
2. Damien Rice - Shrek 3
3. Natasha Bedingfield - Igor
4. French Song - Ratatouille
5. You've got a Friend in Me - Toy Story
6. Josh Groban - Polar Express
7. Car Wash - Shark Tale
8. We are the Champions - Chicken Little (and he loves to sing this song too)
9. Ben Folds - Over the Hedge
10. Move It - Madagascar
...and tons more, that I can't think of right now.

No comments: