Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Update

The past few weeks nothing exciting has been going on. Chris started work in Houston and I'm packing up getting ready for our move. William has had this horrible cough for the past few days that is finally starting to taper off. Coughs seem like the hardest things to get rid of. Last night Uncle Christian came to visit and have dinner with us and spend quality time with William.
William tried so hard to stay awake waiting for his Daddy!

As William was eating dinner, I noticed Wlliam holding his cup with his pinkie sticking straight up. It made me think, there are a ton of things that he does that resemble mine and Chris' behavior. I don't know if my pinkie is up when I drink, maybe it is and I never noticed but after dinner we all pigged out on some Chips Ahoy cookies. William started to eat and pick out the chocolate chips...I did that growing up! I remember my brothers getting so mad at me for putting cookies back in the bag without the chocolate chips.

Another thing I noticed that reminds me of Chris is William's need for perfection and organization. At soccer practice William stopped in mid practice to straighten all the soccer balls and line them up just perfectly. He also does that with his cars, he puts them in color order, from biggest to smallest. I just love his thought process. He also has to make sure he's tucked in bed just perfectly and the sheets have to be all folded neatly. And finally, Chris' mom has always told me stories of Chris freaking out when he would get dirty. William is the exact same way. If he happens to drop something on his shirt, I have to change it or he can't finish dinner. If his hands are the least bit sticky, they have to washed immediately. Don't get me wrong, he loves to get dirty, but when it's expected. No surprises for this little boy!!


William organizing the balls during practice!


I just think it's so awesome how children take on the characteristics of their parents, so if I must say so myself...William is one cool kid!!

No comments: