Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday

Everyday should be Easter, aside from the fun traditions of decorating eggs and the Easter Bunny it's a celebration of our Risen Savior. I tried to explain this celebration to William. I must say, I should have attempted this with a picture book. I got the head tilt and a bunch of "huh's" and realized, maybe next year. It made me think how was I going to explain something so important to a 3 year old that most adults have a hard time grasping. Jesus Christ once walked on this earth, died on the cross and rose from the grave...wow, incredible. William will understand this one day, and until that day comes I will remind him constantly of God's love and grace.

On Saturday we first went to church for pancakes and an Easter egg hunt, William made out like a bandit and shared so well. The kids were only suppose to get about 8 eggs or so, well William had about 15 and he went back and hid the extra ones, such a sweet boy! Right after church we ran a few errands and William unfortunately had a battle with the sidewalk...the sidewalk won and left him with a few horrible scratches on his forehead and nose. Poor thing, Chris and I felt so bad for him. Then we went to Nanny's house for some more fun and egg decorating. Uncle Robert came to town and so did Aunt Diana. We had a wonderful dinner, colored eggs and relaxed the rest of the night. When Uncle Christian and Uncle Robert get together it's always interesting and entertaining. It was a miracle that William was able to decorate an egg or two. The decorating then turned to who could make the best egg and Christian and Robert stepped it up a notch. Apparently PAAS doesn't provide enough in their decorating kit so Christian and Robert had to break out the sharpies, tape and scissors.

































Sunday was a great day. We went to church then came home to find all the eggs the Easter Bunny hid. We were missing one at first and found it after the search party was called out. Could you imagine a hard boiled egg missing? The thought of that smell makes me cringe. Then the rest of the day was spent eating and watching the Masters. After the Masters, the boys were inspired to hit some golf balls, I even attempted to hit a few myself. It was a great weekend with the family!!



































1 comment:

Freckles Fotography said...

Beautiful pictures! Great story about telling William about the Risen Savior. I attempted this as well. I asked Dustin how could we expect him to understand. But you would be amazed at the things they pick up. I just remind my kiddos that Jesus loves them and that seems to be enough for them. We will go into the specifics of Easter when we can go more in depth. I miss you guys!! Cant wait to see you soon!