Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Moving...again

I just can't believe how fast time goes by when you're having fun. We signed a short lease at our town home praying that God would have more of a plan for us in 6 months. Just recently Chris was offered a wonderful opportunity with a previous employer in Houston that we just couldn't resist. So we are moving back where it all began. Believe me when I say we struggled with this decision. For the past 3 years we have made Austin our home and grew to love this city so much. My parents and brother all live here and there is no doubt that there will be a tearful departure. We did the pros and cons list and went back and forth on every possible scenario. Chris and I finally surrendered, if God wants it to happen it will. We feel very confident that we are headed in the right direction. We have so many wonderful opportunities in Houston. For starters we are leaving apartment living behind and renting my parent's house in Katy. I'm so excited to be living in a home again. No more walking Roxy, William has more room to play and just maybe the Addison bunch can grow! Chris is off to start this journey earlier than William and I. He starts work on Thursday and I will be packing our lovely belongings yet again. Our plan is to be completely moved out/in by June.

So last night Chris and I explained to William the big news and here is our conversation.

Mom - "William guess what, Daddy got a job..."
William - "A job? That's great news, good job Daddy!!"
(I'm not kidding, this really happened)

(Chris and I started laughing because he sounded so mature)

Mom - "Daddy will be going to Houston soon and will be on a trip"
William - "Oh Daddy don't leave me you are my best friend."

(Then the tears started to roll)

Dad - "But William, you will be in Houston soon. We are going to live there together in a house as a family!"
William - "Oh that is AWESOME, SUPER COOL, I can't wait!!"

I just love our conversations, William just cracks me up!! So the Addison's are moving back to Houston....watch out!!!

4 comments:

Staci said...

Don't worry this is a good thing. I bet Deidra is so excited to have you so close now. Maybe you can help her out when it's her turn to have a family. hehe

The Normans said...

YIPPY!!!! Welcome back guys!!! We missed you here!

Freckles Fotography said...

YIPPIE YIPPIE .. I cant wait!!! I already have so many things that we can do. Play dates and girls day outs and oh my so much. Just wait till Staci gets back.. The Three amigos together again!! *insert pelvic thrust*
I love you guys!!
And if Chris is lonely I ll send Dustin over for some boy bonding!!

Donlee and Amanda said...

Yipee!! You guys will be right around the corner!!