Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day, Moving and everything else

What a busy couple of weeks it has been.

Yesterday was a wonderful Mother's Day. William was absolutely adorable the whole day...it could be that he wasn't feeling that well. He's always so cuddly when he's under the weather. We went to church and then went to my mom's for lunch and then my brothers took control of the TV and we flipped back and forth between golf and the Rocket's game. Then Christian and Robert took a stroll through memory lane and tortured us with their high school basketball videos...sigh. Overall it was a very relaxing day!

That night Chris came home and I was so excited to see him. He's been in Houston for almost a week and we just hate being away from each other...not to mention he missed William so much. The feeling was mutual, William has been walking around the house asking for his Daddy 24/7. At night he has to sleep with a picture of his Daddy right next to him...talk about melting my heart. He's even come into my room in the middle of the night to get in the bed with me and he would be holding his stuffed animals and picture of his Daddy...so cute.

This Wednesday we are going to Houston for almost a week to get things unpacked and organize. Our furniture is still in Austin and I think in about 2 or 3 weeks we will be moved in completely. I'm so excited. Chris and his mom Becky worked so hard to paint the house and get it ready for move in and my mom and I have been shopping for fixtures and all the other goodies we need to replace. I have a few bedrooms to finish up and Chris has some faucets and fixtures to replace and that should do it in terms of repairs. Thank God I married a handy man...there isn't a single thing Chris can't fix or figure out!

No comments: