Friday, December 4, 2009

Zoo Date

In the middle of November William and I had a very memorable date. I try to make sure William and I have a few dates a month. We love doing different things together. Some days we go to the park, others we go to the movies, and a few weeks ago we decided it would be a perfect day for the zoo. It really was an awesome day. I had a blast walking around watching William get so excited seeing all the animals. We've gone to the zoo before, but something about this time seemed more exciting than usual. Maybe it was because it was just us two and we really took the time to talk about the animals. His favorite was the reptiles, he also loved the HUGE orangutan Rudy. I've never seen a monkey that big before. Afterwards we treated each other to a snow cone and walked around this little park next to the zoo. As we both ate our sour apple snow cones, I went to take a bite of mine and noticed a bee. So I did what was expected when you see a bee on your snow cone about to go in for a bite....I freaked out and dropped it. William had a laugh but then he said the sweetest thing ...he grabbed my hand and said, "don't worry Mom, we can share mine." My heart melted and yes I almost broke out into tears...what a sweet child with such a wonderful heart.






No comments: