Sunday, October 12, 2008

Please Pray

I'm not sure if many knew that my parents have been taking care of my grandfather for the past 4 years. This is my father's father. These past few weeks have been a struggle for the whole family. Grandpa's health was slowly regressing and Sunday morning his struggle ended at the age of 86. It was a peaceful good-bye and now we have one extra angel on our side. We are leaving today to head to Houston for the funeral on Wednesday. Please pray for my family, this time is always so hard on everyone. Saying good-bye is never an easy thing to do. I am so thankful William got to meet his Great Grandpa. William called him Old Papa. The moment William walked in the room Old Papa's face would light up and he couldn't wait to get a hug. It was difficult to explain to William that Old Papa is in Heaven. If some adults don't even understand how would I expect a 3 year old? But William has the sweetest heart, he says Old Papa is helping Jesus and that's good enough for me! Grandpa was a wonderful man who had a funny sense of humor and loved his family, he will be deeply missed.



No comments: